To honor the beginning of 2016, we are posting a number of simple recipes for pink smoothies. And not because we want to forget the green ones or shy away from other colours on the wheel. Simply said, when we saw that one of Pantone’s choice for 2016 is Rose Quartz we thought, why not?
The colour is pleasant to the eyes, and the smoothie is packed with vitamins and minerals that promote good health and well-being (not to mention the multitude of anti-oxidants). This is the perfect excuse to start off the New Year’s resolution with a more colourful diet. It has the right amount of good vibes that will help you get back on track with after the festive holidays. You can have as much cranberries as your heart desires, and it will open your eyes to new possible fruit and veggie combos to produce even more colourful drinks. Your creativity flow will be triggered.
A bit of a side note on using root vegetables as you main source of colour: if you don’t have a high powered blender, make sure you chop, grate, steam or parboil your root vegetables so you don’t break your appliance (and clean up a messy countertop).
Here are some of our suggestions:
- The Smoothie Channel on YouTube has a myriad of pink coloured recipes you can try. They are quick and easy to make. Also, they are very tasty.
- This recipe comes from the holy grail of blending website (read Vitamix). It’s got pineapple and yoghurt, the divinely yummy combination.
- Blenderdude uses frozen strawberries and red beets.
- One of our favorite websites posted this recipe as a way to kick off the new year with a fresh start.
- This recipe uses few ingredients, like raspberries, orange, grapefruit, and pomegranate juice and yoghurt. They can be used as a base to add more, or can be enjoyed it as it is.
- The two smoothie recipes featured on this website have basil and watermelon as their main ingredients.
- What we enjoyed about this last recipe was that, on top of having beets as its core ingredient, the reviewers had improved or modified it’s taste by adding water instead of yoghurt making it more like a juice.
We hope you enjoy the power of pink, and
Be healthy, be beautiful