Tired eyes and dark circles: the most obvious sign that you’ve had a great time (and very little sleep) the night before. Or for the past month. Whatever the reason is, here are tested tips on how we tackle this problem.
- A quick fix is to put cool slices of cucumber, boiled then cooled change chamomile or green tea bags over your eyes for 15 to 20 minutes, and the bags under your eyes are gone. Make sure that the tea bags are cold to the touch, so if you’d like put them in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Whipping up an egg white and applying it around the eye area: it not only de-puffs the eye area, but it also irons out all the wrinkles. This concoction makes up for a handy face mask if you want to brighten your complexion.
- If you have access to Korean cosmetics: they sell 24k Gold and collagen infused patches that we tried one morning after an indulging dinner of French fries, sandwiches and ketchup. After wearing the patches for 20 minutes the puffiness was still there, but our undereye area kept bright and (somewhat) wrinkle-free for the rest of the day.
- Another classic Asian trick is foot patches (sold in health stores): you stick them on your bare feet, just above your heels and go to bed. In the morning you peel them off, and wash your feet. We picked them up and tried them out during the heat wave and found out they really work to cool down your body, and draw out the extra moisture through your feet. And we didn’t have puffy eyes.
- Drink plenty of fluids: it’s been said already that water helps our bodies to flush themselves out. And make sure you drink a lot of water after a long night.
- When you’re willing, and as much as you can: cut down on sugar. We all know that salt makes us bloat. But who knew that sugar has the same effect? Dermatologists state that the amount of processed sugar (read chocolate, candy, cakes and cookies) we consume, makes our bodies retain water, and simultaneously makes our eyes all puffy. If we stick to the naturally derived simple sugars that we get from fresh fruits, we will definitely prevent looking all puffy in the morning.
That is it for this post. Share you tips on how You defeat this beauty woe.
Be happy, be merry, be beautiful.